About the Berufsverband der Yogalehrenden in Österreich
The Professional Association of Yoga Teachers in Austria (BYO) was founded in 1991. As a non-profit association it is politically and denominationally independent and neutral.
It is a crucial concern of the association to guarantee a well-founded yoga teacher training and to support further professional training for members and seminars for those interested in yoga.
Yoga Austria – BYO also sees itself as a contact for authorities, interest groups and institutions that are active in health and educational areas and share an interest in yoga in Austria.
AIMS OF YOGA AUSTRIA – BYO
– Promotion and dissemination of the teachings and practice of yoga
– Conveying ethical and spiritual values of Yoga, which serve a self-responsible life
– Support of well-founded teacher training with the qualification “Yoga teacher BYO/EYU”
– Offer further professional training for yoga teachers to ensure responsible teaching
– Promotion of cooperation between yoga schools and institutions on a national and international level
– Exchange of information about the concerns of Yoga with interested parties, media and authorities
The BYO Board